Salimo-Wits Foundation is a registered non-governmental organization with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria with RC No: 56565 of October 8th, 2012. We value young people as present and future leaders and as agents of societal change. Hence, our commitment to implementing programs aimed at identifying, harnessing and maximizing the leadership potentials of the youth (in-school and out-of-school) irrespective of gender, creed or ethnicity. Our activities are premised on three (3) priority areas based on the SWF model of change:
- Youth Leadership.
- Poverty Reduction.
- Empowerment for Health.
Building leaders and berthing change with global impact starting with Nigeria’s social, economic and political arena.
- To redeem the future of nations by investing in youth through value, principle and character-based training.
- To create a social network platform that will help like-minded people seeking global change.
- To plan and organize youth-based programs.
- To act as backbone and platform for emerging leaders.
- To initiate transformational programs and projects that will improve the living standard and wellbeing of the people both local and international.
The following values that we have come to term ‘SALIMO’ drive the Foundation’s thoughts, words and actions:
- SINCERITY of purpose.
- ACCOUNTABILITY to all stakeholders.
- LEADERSHIP with service.
- INNOVATION that inspires.
- MENTORING that endures.
- OPTIMISM that produce results.
The following is a list of programs we provide to fulfill our big goal which is to build leaders for global impact:
- Salimo-Wits Youth Leadership Club (SWLC).
- Salimo-Wits Entrepreneurship program.
- Salimo-Wits Mentoring and Coaching Program.
- Salimo-Wits Youth Empowerment Scheme
- Salimo-Wits Health Empowerment program.